Maintenance Web Designer
In 2016, Finalsite joined forces with School Website, the UK's leader in websites for schools to create Finalsite UK, blending School Website's creative expertise with Finalsite's powerful software solution to become the stand out global leader in web solutions for schools. A progressive and vibrant environment, Finalsite UK’s talented team offer independent and international schools a platform and insights 3-4 years ahead of the market. With a client base of more than 2500 schools and educational organisations worldwide, we’re proud of our outstanding customer retention rate.
We are looking for a Maintenance Web Designer for our energetic and innovative design studio based in Teddington, SW London. The successful applicant will work as part of the support team and will provide information and solutions in relation to the development and modification of our existing applications as well as working on the creation of new applications as per the latest technology standards.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Provide amendments, changes and additions to existing builds for clients due to bug fixing, snags and additional functionality and enhancements to websites
- Gathering requirements and interpreting data from studio bookings to ensure builds comply with the approved design (pixel perfect)
- Test changes to ensure that the brief is met before releasing to the Account Manager
- Ability to deliver across the website lifecycle; concept, design, build, content, test and release
- Explain solutions when needed to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- In conjunction with the Operations Director and Creative Manager help to provide input regarding the implementation of platform developments
- Complete allocated work within the task deadlines set and any queries are raised with the relevant team member/project manager within good time
- Effectively communicate, build and maintain strong working relationships with members of the team, keeping all relevant staff members updated at all times with progress on all tasks
Desired Skills and Experience
- Very good level of understanding in building responsive websites, reading code and making amendments using frameworks within a CMS
- Thorough understanding of user interface design
- A proven track record and a great eye for design and a passion for building beautifully crafted websites
- At least 2 years of proven front end build experience gained within a creative environment and be able to demonstrate build skills via their portfolio
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring quality output is met
- An ability to effectively multi-task and take responsibility for organising their time
- Is able to work to tight deadlines that may require flexibility of working hours in order to achieve
Our company is dynamic, fast paced and ambitious to achieve great things. We have high aspirations in terms of growth both within the UK and internationally. If you are an exceptional candidate with strong problem solving skills and a good understanding of software development then we would love to hear from you.
This role is office based and office working hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Applicants must be an EU citizen or have permission to work in the UK (full, permanent work visa).