We pride ourselves on being fully committed to the privacy, safety and security of your data, and your school's data. We will never spam you, or sell your information to third parties. Please read more about each of our individual Security and Compliance policies below.
- Data Protection and GDPR
- Data Encryption
- PCI DSS Compliance
- Legal & Privacy
- Security Policy
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
We comply with all applicable data protection policies in the countries where we do business, including those of:
- The United Kingdom
- The United States of America
Finalsite closely adheres to the rules of GDPR.
All data between your computer and our systems is encrypted end-to-end with SSL by default. Other uploaded assets and backups are also stored and transmitted using encrypted connections.
We never send your data over the wire “in plain sight.” Communications across our internal network are via secure private VPN.
Finalsite does not store credit card information on any of our servers. Instead, we securely transmit information to Stripe, our PCI-compliant payment gateway, which handles your transactions.
Because we must securely handle your sensitive information before passing it to Stripe, we are also PCI Data Security Standard compliant.
Data sent through the Finalsite Platform often must respect the laws of the countries where we provide service. Thus, we go out of our way to to follow all data privacy policies of the countries where we do business.
To that end, we host our data securely on servers located in Canada and follow all rules associated with PIPEDA.
Our internal security policies are governed under ISO 27001. Key points include:
- All access to production data is carefully controlled and limited
- Physical access to laptops and servers is monitored and controlled
- Passwords are held to a high standard of security
- All devices that access our systems are scanned for malware and centrally-managed
- All users undergo a required security training on an annual basis
- Our Security Incident Response Team is kept on 24/7 standby and meets weekly to review our security posture
- We remain vigilant for new security threats and monitor major reported breaches and vulnerabilities to understand their potential impact on our operations
We have performed a comprehensive analysis of risks to our business and have a Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan in place. We have warm standbys of our applications and data in backup data centres.
Our entire workforce employs a ‘remote first’ mindset to be able to work anywhere. In the event of a natural disaster or serious network issue, we can quickly resume operations in alternate locations.
If you’d like to discuss further aspects of our security and compliance policies for your own internal records, please contact us for a briefing under NDA.